Thursday, September 2, 2010

Everything Must Go

Welcome all, to my first official post. Post Post Post.

In just three days I will be off to start a new adventure - leaving my Jersey home and going to Virginia... for about a week. After that, I will be off to Washington, DC. And after that, well you're guess is as good as mine! I have never been this spontaneous before (Seriously, take note of my color-coded to-do list. The fact that I have not-so-specific knowledge as to where I'm headed speaks VOLUMES of my willingness to grow)

Currently I am sitting in a mess of Vegan schwagg (mostly shoes), trying to decide what to bring and what to leave behind on my travels. I honestly feel that Yes, I DO need all ten pairs of shoes. I love my shoes, especially the new sparkly ones that are actually pictured in the title of this blog. Whoever said you had to dress in a burlap sack and a pair of Jesus sandals to be vegan, was wrong. Something I definitely intend to prove is that you can be Vegan and still be fabulous. How could anyone deny themselves a pair of sparkly "I-love-me shoes"? If you don't have a pair, go out and get them. They will make you happy.

Ok of course material items can not make anyone truly happy, but they will certainly bring a smile to your face. Anyway, that's what brings me here: The pursuit of happiness. I used to work at a gym(which shall remain nameless for the purpose of not pissing off pissy people). I was the manager at a childcare. The BEST part of the job were of course the kids. They were darn cute. The next best; the super fun staff and members. The worst part, was the fact that it had absolutely nothing to do with what I am passionate about (which if you're curious includes but is not limited to: music, coffee, animals, my boyfriend). So, I just had to go. 

I love animals. I also love food. Hence, my veganista sense of being. Let me get a few things straight. I do not partake in meat eating of any kind. However, I am not a carnivore-hater. Heck, I have two omnivorous parents. Matter of factly, I happen to be romanticallyinvolved with a strikingly handsome carnivore<3, who I happily kiss as often as I can. Also, some of my nearest and dearest girlfriends are meat-eaters too. 

Tolerance friends, tolerance is key. If it is one thing I have come to learn, it is that everything comes with its time. The time is now, and we should embrace these times and situations with love. The tougher part, will be leaving the ankle boots, or mid-length boots, or ballet flats, or converses behind....
[My color coded To-Do List]

1 comment:

  1. Don't leave any boots - winter is coming!! ;-)
    Good luck and best wishes for fun, exciting and immensely satisfying adventures!

    ReplyDelete